Sunday, January 2, 2011

Starting all over again!

Here goes another attempt at getting back on track.


Long story short: juicing fell through due to the lack of a juicer, I had a few parties where I was 'socially' forced to eat unhealthiness, all resulting in a feeling of no control. Thus, binging and junk food all over again. Not fun. Now here I am, starting over. The thing with life is, it's a journey and I'm here to keep walking.

New attempt: South Beach Diet. I've started the diet today and will do phase 1 for the next two weeks, which will hopefully result in weight loss. Right now I've got a decent headache because of all the sugar, but I'm going strong. People have said that the first few days of the diet are the hardest as you're breaking all addictions.


Well, I'll be writing everyday for at least the next four days with updates on my progress and how things are going overall.

Because of all this I haven't been cooking too much and thus don't have any recipes to share. Wait...
I did make this delicious parfait a few days ago.
Layered plain yogurt, pumpkin puree, apple sauce, molasses granola, dried cranberries, almonds, pecans, and topped the whole thing off with a drizzle of honey and sprinkle of cinnamon. Yum.

I also made some delicious spice cookies for the holidays which were a huge hit at every party...maybe I'll post that recipe sometime soon.

Right now it's off to deliver some cookies to the neighbor, do some crafts, and eat dinner with my beautiful sister.

Goodnight. :)
I'll post about the crafts tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment