Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Leek and chickpea soup...

Yum. Yum.

Today was also tougher than I thought. Being surrounded by carbs and sugar was awfully tempting, but I made it through! My own creation of asian leek and chickpea soup saved me at the dinner table. Then when dessert rolled around a few hours later I was on the verge of splurging...but, lowfat kefir mixed with lowfat plain yogurt came in handy sprinkled with cinnamon and a couple teaspoons of homemade peanut butter. :) Yay. I made it. Looking past the pumpkin ice cream, carmelized walnut and pretzels, gingersnaps, and loads of candy. I must say, I'm proud of myself. It was a rough evening. I did, to be polite to my friend, try one spoon full of each of the other soups (crab chowder and hungarian stew). Actually the stew is SBD friendly, but didn't really sound delicious to me. OH yes, I forgot to mention that I made an amazing salad of cabbage, toasted nuts, pears(unallowed, I know, but it was going bad in my fridge and one small slice isn't going to kill me), poppy seeds, cucumber, oven roasted onions and garlic, and chives. With my own recipe of Tahini Lemon dressing. Last but not least, I stuffed a squash, one half with an Italian flair, the other South Beach safe. Rave reviews on the Italian one (which I did not taste) and the other was so so. Too dry and a bit bland, but I could eat the stuffing. Not the squash itself, of course.

Once again. Overall a decent night.

:)
Off to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment